The feeling of your heart caving into your chest because you feel like you failed; what are you going to do about it? Are you going to sit on the the couch, flip through your cable that can be turned off any day now while filling your stomach with junk? Are you going to browse the Internet for jobs and convince yourself that you don't qualify for any of the positions? What are you going to do?
What am I going to do about it? The feeling of failure is just a feeling that passes through your system. The determined length is based on self. How long are you going to convince yourself that you don't measure up to your personal purpose in life? Our polluted minds have the tendency to want what the next person has. We are our own person! We are our own person! We are our own person so the next person's standards are not our own. What the next person has does not mean that we need to have it. We need to have what is necessary at the moment.
If I want a new shirt and shoes so I can go to a concert later on tonight, i need some extra money from somewhere. I don't know where I'm going to get the extra money so I call my phone company to make payment arrangements on my account. Where are my priorities? What if my phone gets turned off and I'm waiting for a job offer but my number is unreachable because I couldn't sacrifice one night of partying to pay my bill? Where are my priorities? I'm not available for that job offer when they tried to reach me so I receive a letter saying, "Thank you for you interest but we filled the position." I sit on the couch, read the letter, throw it on the table and turn on my television. The screen says, "One Moment Please" and I realize my cable is off. I pop in a movie, grab some chips and sit on the couch mellowing in my pitiful sorrows. What did I do to make myself feel like a failure? Where were my priorities?
Our personal success is based on the goals, prioritizing, self-discipline and action. If we are laying around the house thinking about what we need to do in order to be successful, we aren't taking action. Figure out what moves and changes you need to make in life to build your personal, not the next person's, success story and make sure you're proud of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment