Friday, September 3, 2010

Living the past or next person's life

So I was curious because I notice people talking about what they used to do, how the used to be a superstar and getting into heated discussions of "I DID." And then I see those same people that are re-living their past by pressuring their children to be what they were. Is there something wrong with this picture? Did we forget that EVERY person is an individual along the way of living our lives even though we recreate. Or shall I open our eyes a little more to say that WE don't recreate, God creates every single one of us. God just gave us the opportunity to raise a child that he sent through our bodies to teach the Word of God and to let them express themselves in the light of God. I get confused when I'm at a football practice or basketball game and these fathers are arguing on the side about "I did this and my son is going to be just like how I was." Question: Do you REALLY want your son to be like you? I mean, look at you. (not being judgemental) But really, look in the mirror and ask yourself this: DO I WANT MY CHILD TO BE WHAT I WAS OR DO I WANT MY CHILD TO BE A GROWING BRANCH THAT STRETCHES WIDE FROM MY TREE?

My point is, let our growing kids of the world express themselves because there is a lot of hidden talent hiding in their souls.

Encourage instead of Pressure!!!!!

-----Angela Rose-----

No comments:

Post a Comment