My young men have inspired me
to appreciate a man
The role I see my young me take on
Just naturally is protective
The strength I've once seen
Women take,
I see in young men.
Holding the world on his shoulders
with the strength to carry it on his back.
He has the natural feeling to need
He needs to take care of his family
Because he was a witness of abuse
A victim is unacceptable,
Just a witness who's grown so wise.
Our young men is a new generation,
The generation to recreate men
Because somewhere along the line,
Man was misinterpreted as
BEAST, POSSESSOR, ABUSER
PLAYA, GANSTUH, PIMP.
Whatever happened to MAN?
I've witnessed a lot of switch
Like it's okay of a man to walk
And switch his hips,
smack his lips and,
roll his eyes
and snap his fingertips.
I've witnessed a lot of womanizing
and brainwashing woMAN.
Like it's okay for a woman to laugh
when a "man"
smacks her on the ass and
grabs her arm and
slams her down and
tells her that she's just a hoe,
"can a nigga hit?" and
"suck my dick!"
Then calls you names but
you think they're nicknames.
NO MY WOMEN,
this is NOT a MAN!
But what's the difference?
I see my men
My men that I'm raising
with the help from a MAN.
My pops
A MAN
Their uncles are MEN
The ABUSER, the PLAYA
the POSSESSOR, the BEAST.
My men witness these traits
But they know and are always wise
to learn
from
the
MEN!
to appreciate a man
The role I see my young me take on
Just naturally is protective
The strength I've once seen
Women take,
I see in young men.
Holding the world on his shoulders
with the strength to carry it on his back.
He has the natural feeling to need
He needs to take care of his family
Because he was a witness of abuse
A victim is unacceptable,
Just a witness who's grown so wise.
Our young men is a new generation,
The generation to recreate men
Because somewhere along the line,
Man was misinterpreted as
BEAST, POSSESSOR, ABUSER
PLAYA, GANSTUH, PIMP.
Whatever happened to MAN?
I've witnessed a lot of switch
Like it's okay of a man to walk
And switch his hips,
smack his lips and,
roll his eyes
and snap his fingertips.
I've witnessed a lot of womanizing
and brainwashing woMAN.
Like it's okay for a woman to laugh
when a "man"
smacks her on the ass and
grabs her arm and
slams her down and
tells her that she's just a hoe,
"can a nigga hit?" and
"suck my dick!"
Then calls you names but
you think they're nicknames.
NO MY WOMEN,
this is NOT a MAN!
But what's the difference?
I see my men
My men that I'm raising
with the help from a MAN.
My pops
A MAN
Their uncles are MEN
The ABUSER, the PLAYA
the POSSESSOR, the BEAST.
My men witness these traits
But they know and are always wise
to learn
from
the
MEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment