I felt the pain
But convinced my mind
To exchange ignorance
With strength.
I can take this pain
I'm a grown woman
What's a little pain,
Every now and again?
Here and there
A couple of times a week
I questioned the pain once
But didn't give thought to
The answer that I seek.
I looked in the mirror
Topless, viewing my breast
They look fine
They're probably just FINALLY growing
Is my guess
My period comes the next day
Oh, that's all that it was
I knew I would get the answer
If I pray.
But the question was still
Unanswered
Just ignorant conclusions of denial
Deep in my mind
I ignore the voice
Telling me to
Seek the truth...
There is more to this pain
So I look in the mirror
Topless, once again
I tried the test
That the doctor told me
The test they always talked about
On the television screen
That Test!
I did the test and felt no difference
So I ignored
Once again
The obvious circumstances
Of my body saying
Make that call
Just to be sure.
But,
I continued to work
Day after day
Admiring how my breast
Look
When I noticed that perfect swell
The new bra
The shirts I now fill
It's the new me!
I have this new walk
Confidence
Admiring my physical
People's compliments.
No, not verbally
Just their eyes piercing at my
Twins.
I feel a new since of womanhood
That has grown inside of me
I HAVE BREAST NOW!
I'M A TOTAL COMPLETE PACKAGE
now....
It was until
That pain struck
Took my breath away
Unable to stand up straight
Fell to my knees
This striking pain
Lasting a lifetime
(or that's how it seems)
Unable to speak
The strength has faded
The ignorance took it's stab
Knocked me to my knees
Feeling weak.
Unable to breathe
I lay there
breathless....
Awaken to lights
I hear a voice talking
Unable to put together this man's voice
Until I glance up at his white gown
It's a doctor talking
What's happening?
I question
But unable talk
Due to this tube in my throat
The doctor glances down
To see my dazed eyes open
He looks over
My eyes follow his
To view my mother
Sitting in the chair
Red eyed
She stands
Grabs my hand
Kisses my forehead
I feel a tear
Slide from my eye
Down to my ear
As I see on the bored behind her
Breast Cancer patient.
I want to clear up the fact that I have not been through this painful experience but I know people who have. This is not a real life situation but it's my way to express the importance of this disease. We need to be aware! This is my dedication to breast cancer awareness.
No comments:
Post a Comment