My life experiences have drawn me closer to reach out to people and encourage them to love and embrace themselves.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Heavy Hearted
Today I woke up with my heart caved into my chest. It's amazing what a night's sleep can give you. It can either give you a fresh start when the sun shines through your curtains or it could be a pain in your heart when you hear the rain pouring against your window pane. Window pane. This morning I felt the pain when I looked out the window from a past that haunts my emotional state of mind. I have the tendency to give my whole heart to people that are undeserving. Friends and family. People I don't know. People that I want to know. This is the way that God has made me and sometimes I wonder if I could have a little cold in my heart. I wonder what it feels like to have that ice cold heart that burns a person's hand whenever they touch it. Black Ice. I wonder what is going on in their mind but I can honestly say that God redirects those feelings when I begin to start getting myself together to start the day. That feeling is a forever lasting feeling that comes to light from time to time. Thank God for Him, my sister and my poetry this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well expressed. I love it.....
ReplyDeleteWe love you girl. You have the best heart and it shows. I see it everyday that I am at work the same time as you.
ReplyDelete